Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Almost back to normal

So I'm on day 3 of my period, and it's still bad, but it's almost like a "normal" day 1 (where, for the boys amongst you, day 1 is typically the worst - so I'm about at a normal day 1 whereas day 1 and 2 this time were far worse). Usually by day 3 things are almost wrapping up. Definitely not this time.

Weight wise: I was up about 10 lbs at one point, and I'm now down to about 3 lbs up with still potentially more water weight to go. This is without dieting, so it's good to know that most (if not all) of the weight gain was fake and temporary.

Skin wise: I think I'm not getting any new breakouts. Mind you, I've been wearing makeup, so it's not like most poeple could tell I was breaking out, but I was. As far as I can tell, new breakouts have stopped and I just need the existing breakouts to heal up.

I started shots a little over a month ago, and perhaps symptoms about a month ago. I would say I'm almost back to "normal" in all senses - skin, weight, bloating, etc. So all in, it was a month worth of side effects.

I have an appointment Dec 2 as a final post-retrieval consult. This is where I'll discuss the results formally with the doctor (as opposed to just the nurses reporting to me) and ask any questions I have about statistics, second rounds, and chromosome normalcy of the eggs retrieved. I'll probably also get a prescription to go back on the pill - I haven't been on the pill since around 2006. But since I just had a full gyn workup, I'm sure this doc can just write it up for me.

No comments: