Monday, November 3, 2008

Feeling Great

4 and half days post retrieval - I feel great - no symptoms of OHSS setting in. Took my last post-retrieval antibiotic pill tonight. I'm still a little bloated, but beyond that, I feel fantastic - much better than I did while I was on the hormones.

I was putting away some of the injection stuff I still had sitting around (packages of needles and such) and my needle aversion is definitely much higher than it ever was. I'm so glad I have no more shots so give myself - just looking at the needles made me want to flee. Some sort of aversion really did build up over time. But that's not important anymore. What's very cool is that this whole thing is done - I feel great. The eggs are on ice, and it looks like I'm escaping without any measurable post retrieval complications.

So now what? Here are the remaining "milestones"

Tomorrow (5 days post retrieval): I can start taking advil/aspirin again
Sometime in the next week or two: I get probably the worst period ever
Thurs Nov 13 (2 weeks post): Restrictions on baths, tampons, sex, etc no longer in effect
Yearly: $1,000 annual frozen storage costs due until such time I use/donate/dispose of the eggs

No comments: