Monday, October 27, 2008

CD 11 / Day 9 of Stims

CD 11 / Day 9 of Stims

Had a scan and bloodwork this morning.

Scan showed a few follicles in the 19 range - that's the target overall (trigger when the highest possible number of follicles are 19/20 - not bigger and not smaller, although anything 14 and up is potentially savable) and a bunch in the 15/16 range. Pretty likely I'll have to trigger tomorrow and be in surgery on Thursday. My E2 came back at 2019. That's a HUGE jump from the 527 it was 2 days ago and suggests a doubling every day. at that pace, I could easily be between 3000 and 4000 tomorrow. I know I have some geeks reading this - so if you, uh, wanted to track E2 growth by days, here's the breakdown:

-, - , -, 149, 257, -, 522, -, 2019

Anyway, so the target E2 is 150-200 for every mature follicle. I have about 19 or 20(?) follicles overall, I think. If they were all mature, my range would be 2850 - 4000. Most(?), but not all follicles will be mature by trigger - they grow at different paces (and they can mature some eggs in the lab before freezing if they're almost there).

As to how I feel - I can feel every bump or jolt in the cab - doesn't hurt (well, it does a little), but I'm aware of every shake. Wonder what it will feel like in about 60 hours from now when I'll probably be on my way to NYU for surgery ...

As an aside, the way these scans work is that different doctors are on shift. So today for the scan I had a doctor who must have read my chart quickly and not realized I wasn't a general IVF patient. He said "Your uterine lining looks great, perfect - it's about 13-14 and perfect" Doesn't matter this go around (it matters for implantation), but I guess that's good to know that I can make a good uterine lining ...

No comments: