Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day 30

Feeling ok. Talked to a relative who did IVF and she was on the same Lupron cycle that I'm on, but she was over suppressed and had terrible results when they tried to stimulate. On her second round she went with a different clinic and she went on the shorter cycle (the one stat starts on day 3 of her period, and is therefore about 10-14 days shorter overall as a process) and from this round - where she wasn't first suppressed - she had much better results and had a healthy baby.

Not that I think I should be on this Lupron cycle. It still is sort of my badge of honor here that they think I'm fertile enough that I can take it. (As a reminder - they think they get better quality results if they supress all hormones for a few weeks before they stimulate everything back up - but they will only go through this supression if they think you're a good enough candidate to get back up). Anyway, this just had me thinking, that although I've been giving myself shots now for 10 days, if I were on the short cycle, I wouldn't have even started yet.

No comments: