Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 21 - PICTURES of the first shot!

So let's get this out of the way. This is the tiny little needle we're talking about. It's even tinier in person. It's smaller than the little pins that grandmas kept in pin cushions. It's tiny. (I took this pic after using this needle - wouldn't contaminate it like that)



The Sharps Box (It's illegal, like, $10,000 fine to dispose of needles any other way!) and the lupron kit





The Sharps Container - needles go in here, and then I give the whole thing to a hospital or the fertility place, or something.




Outside of the Lupron Kit


Lupron Kit Contents. A bottle of the liquid med. 14 needs, and some alcohol swabs.


Filling the needle for my first shot - 10 units. I feel so medical! And I don't have to worry about air bubbles (it's a myth that that can kill you - you'd have to be purposely trying to inject a big air bubble directly into a major vein)



I wiped my skin with alcohol first, like a good patient following instructions. And pinched as told. You can pinch an inch on me. Thankfully I guess.





Didn't feel it go in, don't feel it even as it's in. Really! Plunged right after I took this pic, and then withdrew the needle. No blood - just a tiny pink dot.



Responsible Disposal!







No comments: