Monday, October 20, 2008

CD4 / Day 2 of Stims

I learned some new terminology with all my googling around. instead of day 2, day 3, etc .... acronyms "CD4" = Cycle day 4.

So I took my Gonal-F last night and this morning - the Pen was pretty easy to use. It's a different kind of shot mechanism than the Lupron shot. This is not me (honest!), but this video on youtube shows exactly the system that I have.

this is a link to the youtube video on how the gonal-f Pen works

So day 2 on stims (stimulation drugs - FSH). I'm getting excited that I'm in the final stages. This could all be over in 10 days or so. Been thinking about it for at least 3 years, made a promise to myself back in May that I would definitely do it this year (On my 32nd birthday I made the committment that I'd freeze eggs before I turned 33), had my first real (A $600 not-covered-by-insurance real) appointment back on Aug 20 - exactly 2 months ago. I'm also likely about 2/3 of the way through the days where I have to give myself shots .... maybe 8 more days of shots and then retrieval two days later? (then I think a week or two of cramps, so maybe it's not ALL over in 10 days). But being on stims (finally) and knowing that actual egg retrieval is potentially so soon - it's exciting and novel again.

No comments: