Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another day, another scan

CD9 / Stim Day 7

Had a scan this morning, things look good. Asked the doc if it was possible I'd get 20 eggs, and he said probably not 20, but that I'd get a lot. I asked what number I'd need to have a good insurance policy without doing another round, and he suggested that I probably had enough from this round, but that they'll know more post-retrieval, because they can actually grade/analyze the eggs on a pretty deep level (looking at how the spindle is aligned, or something like that). He said that post-retrieval they'll be able to tell me where I stand.

Also, during bloodwork I asked the nurses about arranging for someone else to give me the HCG shot. That's the big shot-in-the-butt that is given 35 hours before retrieval. There are a few nurses who live in Manhattan, and they think one can come here or I can go to their place. I'm not sure what standard protocol is, but I think $100 is around what I need to tip(?) - I don't know.

Anyway, so keeping with the protocol (300 / 5), next appt is Monday. My E2 is 522 today. During the scan, doc said we're looking at probably Weds or Thurs for retrieval. Based on the E2, I'd guess Thursday is more likely. The only way it would be Weds is if my level on Monday is so high that they say "trigger tonight" - and I doubt it can jump so fast.

Side effects - feels like puberty all over again. Nothing else to report!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best of luck, rooting for you.